Friday, February 24, 2012

Torkrum / Drying Room

I'm not sure if this is a Northern European thing or if it is only for Sweden, but in the basement of our flat, right next to the laundry room, is a "Drying Room."

This is a GREAT invention!  Essentially, it is a room with a dehumidifier and drying lines.  Then a fan circulates the air to the dehumidifier, and your clothes are air-dried in a few hours instead of all day/night!  FANTASTIC!


 The first time we did laundry here, my girlfriend said, "Ok, so we'll put these items in the dryer, and hang these items in the drying room."  I said, "The what?"  She looked at me with what might have been pity or dismay that I had lived my life without such a basic, but obviously wonderful element.  Then she gave me the run-down of how it works (see the diagram).


One interesting thing about living in a country other than where you were raised is that you notice all sorts of basic things that you would otherwise not spend a minute thinking about... like how you dry your clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment